Inuktun Miniature Magnetic Crawler
Based on the proven MicroMag™, Inuktun’s MaggUT™ magnetic crawler is a man-portable system with integrated UT scanning capability. Specifically designed to incorporate standard industrial ultrasonic probes and flaw detectors from Olympus, the MaggUT™ easily integrates with your existing NDT equipment.
MaggUT™ in Motion
Industries & Applications
Built on the proven Microtrac™ crawler modules, the Inuktun MaggUT™ system combines remote visual inspection (RVI) and ultrasonic testing (UT) technologies with a miniature magnetic crawler vehicle to provide economical solutions for asset integrity management. It is easily deployed and controlled by a single operator making it ideal for the inspection of tanks, large diameter steel pipes or pressure vessels. Adding the MaggUT™ to their inspection tool kit allows API 653 inspectors to realize significant savings by reducing the need for ladders or scaffolding when evaluating external tank structures.And, because it is designed to work with industry standard UT probes and thickness gauges like those from Olympus or GE, most technicians won’t even need training. Providing both RVI and UT in a single affordable package makes the MaggUT™ a must-have for any inspection professional.
- Maximum Tether Length: 30m / 100ft
- Maximum Speed: 9m / 30ft per minute
- Vehicle Payload: up to 4.5kg / 10lb
- Front Facing Camera: Crystal Cam®
- Optional: Spectrum 45™ camera and/or auxiliary Crystal Cam®
- UT Probe: Olympus D-790
- Operating Temperature: 0°-40° C / 32°-104°F
- Vehicle Weight: 6.2kg / 14lb in air without tether
- Vehicle Dimensions: 279x277x127mm / 11×10.9x5in
- Standard Components: 2 x 4000 series Microtracs™, 1 x Crystal Cam® camera, 1 x UT probe with electronics canister and actuator mechanism, 1 x couplant pump box for dry operations, laptop PC, power supply / interface box, Inuktun ICON and InPRO software for control and reporting.
Not designed for underwater.
Built Multi-Mission Modular
Inuktun Standard Product Assembly Chart: MaggUT™
Standard IM3 Options
Custom configurations: see dealer for details
Perform A or B scans on flat and curved surfaces using the Olympus (or other) thickness gauge.
The MaggUT™ can integrate other industrial UT probes to work with your existing gauge.