World-Class Robotics is about Great People
Inuktun Services Ltd., the newest member to the Eddyfi Technologies’ family, is a leading designer and manufacturer of Multi-Mission Modular (IM3™) technology used in hazardous areas, confined spaces, and underwater applications around the world. Inuktun provides innovative solutions for a variety of environments including pipe inspection, oil and gas, search and rescue, nuclear, hydro-electric, military and security, mining and marine operations.
Join the Inuktun team
- Innovative industry leader, providing unique and specialized solutions to industry problems otherwise unanswered
- Challenging work in a dynamic and collaborative team — you’ll never be bored!
- A respectful environment where your ideas matter
Inuktun's corporate headquarters offer these benefits:
- Located on beautiful Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada
- Natural beauty of mountains, beaches, oceans, parks, wildlife
- Mild climate
- Affordable – relatively low housing costs
- Just the right size – area population of 150,000
- Diverse outdoor, cultural and recreational opportunities
- Friendly and relaxed “island lifestyle”
Machinist (Nanaimo, BC)
Eddyfi Technologies is seeking applications for a CNC/Manual Machinist at its Centre of Excellence for Robotics (Inuktun). This is an opportunity to:
- Contribute to the realization of the most advanced inspection solutions in non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Apply your skills and experience and take pride in machining quality components
- Be part of a dynamic team and evolve in a growing company.
The Machinist manufactures quality machined parts from drawings, meeting required tolerances and specifications, and optimizing production quality and efficiency.
- Operating CNC machinery to manufacture quality parts [Hass VF-2 (4 and 5 Axis) and Hass SL-20 with live tooling].
- Manually machining and manufacturing quality precision parts (manual lathe and mill).
- Monitoring and maintaining machinery and tools; troubleshooting as required.
- Completing required documentation.
- Journeyman/Red Seal Machinist
- 5-10 years' experience as a Machinist
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and interpret technical manuals
- Safe work practices
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage complex machining tasks with a high level of productivity and accuracy
- Experience machining small parts is an asset
- Mastercam programming experience is an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage demanding timelines
- Effective team player and collaborative approach
- Knowledge of properties of materials and tools, machining practices, production processes, and quality control
- Ability to work extended hours, possible shift work, and occasional weekends.
Based on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. This is an immediate position, and will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.