Inuktun Miniature Magnetic Crawler
The NanoMag™ is a miniature crawler system with built-in rare earth magnets, allowing it to travel vertically, horizontally and even upside down on ferrous metal surfaces. The NanoMag™ is ideal for inspecting almost any steel structure where vertical operation is required.
NanoMag™ in Narrative
Industries & Applications
Originally designed to perform remote visual inspections (RVI) on the top and bottom of PWR nuclear reactors, the NanoMag™ is one of the smallest industrial magnetic crawlers available anywhere. With both a front facing pan and tilt camera and a rear facing fixed camera, the vehicle itself is still small enough to enter extremely confined spaces like pipes, pressure vessels and HVAC ductwork. The integrated rare-earth magnets and lightweight construction allow it to operate horizontally, vertically, or even upside down on most ferrous metal surfaces.And, with the built-in variable intensity lighting and remote focus capability, the NanoMag™ is effective for evaluating the smallest details and features like hairline cracks or corrosion pitting. Truly portable, the entire system is packaged in two Pelican® cases making it easy to transport and quick to deploy in almost any environment.
- Tether Length: 30m / 100ft
- Maximum Speed: 2.5m / 8ft per minute
- Vehicle Payload: up to 4.5kg / 10lb
- Front Facing Camera: Spectrum 45™
- Rear Facing Camera: Crystal Cam®
- Operating Temperature: 0°-40° C / 32°-104° F
- Vehicle Weight: 2.27kg / 5lb
- Vehicle Dimensions: 224x105x50mm / 8.8×4.1x2in
- Standard Components: 1 x drive unit, 1 x Spectrum 45™ camera, 1 x auxiliary Crystal Cam® camera, Versatrax™ power supply /controller in Pelican® case, 30m / 100ft tether.
Not designed for underwater.
“We primarily use the Nanocrawler for our examinations…its low profile and compact length offer excellent maneuverability and access in the limited space under the reactor head…”
— D. Gonzales, Diablo Canyon Power Plant
Built Multi-Mission Modular
Inuktun Standard Product Assembly Chart: NanoMag™
Click chart for larger image
Standard IM3 Options
Custom configurations: see dealer for details
Choose between a wide or narrow view rear-facing camera
Slim H-frame vehicle available for limited entry access
Confined Space Entry
NanoMag™ Standard Dimensions