MaggUT™ – Marine
Inuktun Miniature Magnetic Crawler
MaggUT™ — Marine in Motion
Industries & Applications
Above or below the water line, the Inuktun MaggUT™-Marine (MUM) provides detailed visual inspections and thickness measurements on ship hulls, pressure vessels, large diameter pipes or almost any steel infrastructure. Portable and powerful, the MUM incorporates a Crystal Cam® camera and an ultrasonic testing (UT) transducer from Cygnus Instruments – a world leader in diver held NDT systems; their integrated technology allows inspectors to employ different echo features for error checking measurements through thick coatings, uncoated surfaces with heavy back-wall corrosion or pitting, or on painted surfaces with heavy back-wall corrosion.Easy to operate, quick to deploy, and surprisingly affordable, the MaggUT™-Marine includes a PC based control system that records both the live video and the thickness readings automatically. And, Inuktun’s Multi-Mission Modular (IM3) technology makes it easy to swap in dual or single mode UT probes, a Spectrum 45™ pan and tilt camera or a longer tether cable whenever the need arises.
- Depth Rating: 60m / 200ft
- Maximum Tether Length: 60m / 200ft
- Maximum Speed: 9m / 30ft per minute
- Vehicle Payload: up to 4.5kg / 10lb
- Front Facing Camera: Crystal Cam®
- Optional: Spectrum 45™ camera and/or auxiliary
- UT Probe: Cygnus single or twin element DIVE probe
- Operating Temperature: 0°-40° C / 32°-104° F
- Vehicle Weight: 9.4kg / 20.5lb in air without tether
- Vehicle Dimensions: 386x280x162mm / 15x11x6in
- Standard Components: 2 x 4000 series Microtracs™, 1 x Crystal Cam® camera, 1 x UT probe with electronics canister and actuator mechanism, 1 x couplant pump box for dry operations, laptop PC, power supply / interface box, Inuktun ICON and InPRO software for control and reporting.
“…a robot that can photograph or survey a hull from gunnels to keel and stem to stern while the ship’s still in the water — we are talking huge savings in time and cash.”
— N. Stark, former Captain and Port Authority CEO
Built Multi-Mission Modular
Inuktun Standard Product Assembly Chart: MaggUT™ – Marine
Click chart for larger image
Standard IM3 Options
Custom configurations: see dealer for details
Pan and Tilt Camera for more detailed visual inspection
(SC2) Single Element Probe suitable for most applications
2.25 MHz 13mm / 0.5in
(T5B) Standard Dual Element Probe suitable for most applications, including heavily corroded and pitted steels
5 MHz 2 x 8mm / 0.5in
Interchangeable UT Probes
In addition to the Cygnus probes listed above, we can also incorporate versions from other preferred manufacturers.
Integrated Reporting Software
Sensor data on-screen with options to add annotations and tag frames in real time.
Automate vehicle tasks