World-Class Robotics is about Great People
Inuktun Services Ltd. is a leading designer and manufacturer of Multi-Mission Modular (IM3™) technology used in hazardous areas, confined spaces, and underwater applications around the world. Inuktun provides innovative solutions for a variety of environments including pipe inspection, oil and gas, search and rescue, nuclear, hydro-electric, military and security, mining and marine operations.
Join the Inuktun team
- Innovative industry leader, providing unique and specialized solutions to industry problems otherwise unanswered
- Challenging work in a dynamic and collaborative team — you’ll never be bored!
- A respectful environment where your ideas matter
Inuktun's corporate headquarters offer these benefits:
- Located on beautiful Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada
- Natural beauty of mountains, beaches, oceans, parks, wildlife
- Mild climate
- Affordable – relatively low housing costs
- Just the right size – area population of 150,000
- Diverse outdoor, cultural and recreational opportunities
- Friendly and relaxed “island lifestyle”
Software Designer/ Developer (Nanaimo, BC)
Inuktun Services Ltd. is seeking applications for the full-time position of Software Designer/ Developer.
As Software Designer/ Developer, you will:
- engage in diverse, multidisciplinary projects – encompassing communication, electronics, web development, machine vision, image processing, robotics, and more
- contribute to a dynamic, collaborative work team
- learn something new every day
- work in a dynamic, challenging, fast-paced environment
Your responsibilities as Software Designer will include designing, testing, documenting, and supporting software for control systems for Inuktun standard products and custom designs, working in collaboration with a team of software, mechanical, electrical and firmware engineers.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a software developer, including experience in a team-based environment, solving open-ended technical problems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with C# and WPF
- Strong programming skills, experience with multiple technologies such as .NET, Java, C++, C#, WPF, GUI/MMI
- Basic knowledge of image processing and machine vision
- Experience with deployment tools
- Experience with Team Foundation Server
- Experience with software testing techniques
- Strong analytic skills, communication skills, innovation, and creativity
- Good understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Desire to learn and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be adaptable and work effectively on multiple changing projects
- A sense of ownership and pride in the team's work product.
Compensation will be based on qualifications; annual salary plus benefits.
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This is an immediate opportunity; the posting will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Inuktun. We're always looking for top talent. Please check this page regularly as available positions will be published here when appropriate.
If you wish, you can submit your CV for our records by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. When sending your attachment, ensure the file is Microsoft Word (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) format.