World-Class Robotics is about Great People…
Inuktun Services Ltd. is a leading designer and manufacturer of Multi-Mission Modular (IM3) technology used in hazardous areas, confined spaces, and underwater applications around the world. Inuktun provides innovative solutions for a variety of environments including pipe inspection, oil and gas, search and rescue, nuclear, hydro-electric, military and security, mining and marine operations.
Join the Inuktun Team
- Innovative industry leader, providing unique and specialized solutions to industry problems otherwise unanswered
- Challenging work in a dynamic and collaborative team — you’ll never be bored!
- A respectful environment where your ideas matter
Inuktun is seeking applications for the full-time position of CNC Machinist.
The CNC Machinist operates computer numerical control (CNC) machinery to produce quality machined parts from drawings, meeting required tolerances and specifications, and optimizing production quality and efficiency.
- Operate CNC machinery (Hass VF-2 (4 and 5 Axis) and Hass SL-20 with live tooling) to produce machined parts to required specifications, based on work orders and drawings
- Monitor and maintain machinery and tools; troubleshoot as required
- Maintain clean and safe work area and follow safe work practices
- Complete required documentation
- The ideal candidate will also be capable of CNC programming, as well as manual machining.
- Journeyman/Red Seal Machinist (applicants with a minimum Level 3 Machinist may be considered)
- 5-10 years’ experience as a CNC Machinist; preference given to applicants with skills and experience operating:
- Hass mills (Haas VF-2 – 4 and 5 Axis)
- Hass lathes (Haas SL-20 with live tooling
- Manual lathe and mill
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints; ability to interpret technical manuals
- Safe work practices
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to manage complex machining tasks
- High level of productivity and accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage demanding timelines
- Effective team player and collaborative approach
- Knowledge of properties of materials and tools, machining practices, production processes, and quality control
- Understanding of speeds and feeds
- Knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance practices
- Must be able to work extended hours, shift work, and weekends
- Desirable skills and experience:
- CNC/Mastercam programming
- Manual machining.
Based on qualifications and experience (anticipated wage range is $24-29 per hour, plus benefits; moving allowance where appropriate).
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an immediate position and will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Inuktun. Please check this page regularly as available positions will be published here when appropriate.
If you wish, you can submit your CV for our records by emailing it to email@example.com. No phone calls please. When sending your attachment, ensure the file is Microsoft Word (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) format.