World-Class Robotics is about Great People…
Inuktun Services Ltd. is a leading designer and manufacturer of Multi-Mission Modular (IM3) technology used in hazardous areas, confined spaces, and underwater applications around the world. Inuktun provides innovative solutions for a variety of environments including pipe inspection, oil and gas, search and rescue, nuclear, hydro-electric, military and security, mining and marine operations.
Join the Inuktun Team
- Innovative industry leader, providing unique and specialized solutions to industry problems otherwise unanswered
- Challenging work in a dynamic and collaborative team — you’ll never be bored!
- A respectful environment where your ideas matter
- Located on beautiful Vancouver Island
- Natural beauty of mountains, beaches, oceans, parks, wildlife
- Mild climate
- Affordable – relatively low housing costs
- Just the right size – area population of 150,000
- Diverse outdoor, cultural and recreational opportunities
- Friendly and relaxed “island lifestyle”
Machine Shop Assistant
Inuktun Services Ltd. (Nanaimo) is seeking applications for a Machine Shop Assistant – an ideal opportunity for the right candidate with an interest in a Machinist Apprenticeship with our company.
The Machine Shop Assistant performs a variety of tasks to assist in the Machine Shop to support the efficient production of quality parts.
- Clean and deburr parts
- Inspect parts
- Clean work areas
- Handle materials (measuring, cutting, preparation, moving of materials)
- Assist with running machines, under Machinist’s supervision
- Organize tools and materials
- Other duties to assist machinists.
- Skills and experience using hand and power tools
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience in a machine shop, manufacturing, or other related environment is an asset
- High school completion, or equivalent
- Completion of Foundation (pre-apprenticeship) or similar training is an asset
- Math and measurement skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Safe work practices
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 or other quality management system
- Ability to work extended hours, possible shift work, and occasional weekends.
Based on qualifications and experience; anticipated wage range $17 – $22 per hour, plus benefits.
Potential for the company to sponsor the right person through a Machinist apprenticeship.
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com. This is an immediate position and will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Inuktun. Please check this page regularly as available positions will be published here when appropriate.
If you wish, you can submit your CV for our records by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. When sending your attachment, ensure the file is Microsoft Word (.doc) or PDF (.pdf) format.